It is always a nasty and annoying job to remove sticky residue from the car. You have applied any sticker on your car and once you remove it, you are left with the sticky area that can be difficult to deal with.
You will probably end up asking yourself how to remove sticky residue from the car?
There are many ways to remove it easily. We have prepared one of the best steps for you so you will get the solution of how to remove sticky residue from the car?
Read our following article.
Under this section, we have also pointed out additional tips, tricks, and idea which will be very much helpful while you will go through this process.
- Liquid soap (for soft residue) and WD 40 (for hard residue)
- Sturdy plastic cards such as old credit/debit card, frequent shopper card or old ID card
- Liquid soap
- Any high quality of Wax Polish
- Spray Bottle
- Cold water
- Two pieces of clean rags or detailing towel
How To Remove Sticky Residue From The Car
- Step 1
Before you start following steps, first step to ensuring that the sticker and the surrounding area are free of dirt.
In order to clean surrounding area, you may use a dry and clean rag or you may use a hair dryer to blow dirt, keep it on normal heating mode and ensure to keep dryer some inches above from the sticky area.
You just need to blow the dirt.
- Step 2
Take one tablespoon of liquid dish soap and two cups of cold water. Mix it well and fill it up in a spray bottle. Ensure to clean spray bottle before you fill it up with this mixture.
If you find sticky residue is hard, take a bottle of WD 40 which is quite stronger than the soapy water and it has the power to lose hard surface of residue.
- Step 3
Spray on the entire area thoroughly until sticky residue soaks with liquid soap. Let it be soaked for about 3-5 minutes. Meanwhile, remove excess liquid which was rolled down from the body.
- Step 4
Take any sturdy plastic card such as old credit/debit card which has soft edges, you may also use any other material but ensure it must not have sharp edges otherwise it may damage your car paint surface.
- Step 5
Start scrubbing it softly. Make it circles while scrapping the sticky area. Keep doing it until the sticky stain disappears. Ensure not to scrap it with heavy hands otherwise, it will damage car surface. Do this task softly.
If you are still not able to remove sticky residue, you may again repeat step no. 3 to step no. 5.
- Step 6
Once sticky residue disappears, take a piece of clean rag or a detailing towel. Wipe the entire are, you may also use cold water to clean it thoroughly. Now take a dry and clean rag or towel to clean that area and ensure there is not any wet part is left.
- Step 7
Once you are done with the dry cloth, you may use any branded quality of wax polish. Take a small amount of wax on a dry and clean towel and apply it on the area which you have just cleaned.
This step is optional but yes, wax polish can enhance the beauty of your car and bring back the shining which was missing due to a sticky residue.
Along with the above steps, you should also take into the consideration following tips, tricks, and ideas which would really help you out when you need to remove sticky residue from the car.
Additional tips, tricks, and ideas
- Some cleaning agent, products or another chemical may affect the paint surface area during the cleaning process.
It is advisable to try first on some hidden and small area of your car which is not visible easily to make sure there would be no any damage to texture or color of your car.
- In some sticky residue, it is not that much hard and it can be removed simply rubbing by the eraser.
If you have any small sticky area, you should first use a smaller eraser and larger one in case of a bigger area.
Before you start rubbing it with an eraser, first let it be under sunlight or blow it with dryer then you may easily rub it with an eraser.
If you are lucky, it will be removed easily.
- Some sticky residue can be thicker, in such case; you should first apply thinner before you start removing process. It will be an easy task if you will use thinner, it can be helpful in most of the case.
- If you are not able to manage thinner, you should first try scraping it away as much goo as possible with a soft edge or spoon and then you may proceed to remove it by using any other solution.
- Ensure to polish your car surface with quick detailing spray or some glass cleaner so that sticky area will again start shining and you may give your car a fresh and new look.
- Be careful while you are scraping off a sticky area, if you will keep it scrubbing with any object consistently, it can cause damage to your car paint surface.
- If you are not sure what products are safe to use on the surface you need to clean, you should use soapy water that is least likely to cause damage.
Above steps are the very well researched that will really help you to remove sticky residue. You should also take into the consideration above additional tips before you start removing process.
Usually, above process is safe to the surface of your car but still, we are not responsible for any damage that may occur to your vehicle by following above tips.
Though above are the solution of how to remove sticky residue from the car and the same applied by the many consumers and they have been satisfied with these tips and tricks.